Enter your email address:

Flight 1549’s Singer-Songwriter Survivor Emma Sophina Speaks In the Smoking Section

>> Thursday, February 12, 2009

Your Ad Here




As the crew and passengers of US Airways flight 1549 make the media rounds this week, we’re seeing a familiar face. Our friend Emma Sophina turned up on The Howard Stern Show this morning. We first told you the Australian singer-songwriter’s remarkable story over in the Smoking Section, with Sophina recounting how a site-seeing trip to New York ended with an emergency landing in the Hudson River.

“I couldn’t leave New York because my passport and everything I had went down in the river,” she told the Smoking Section’s Austin Scaggs. Sophina was then inspired by a producer to turn her experience into music, booked some studio time and recorded the songs “Wake Up” and “Send Another Prayer.” With record labels already calling her, Sophina’s next goal is to pull a Jonas Brothers and sing alongside Stevie Wonder. Read the whole story,
Flight 1549 Survivor Makes Sweet Music, over in the SS.

Sophina also made an appearance on CBS’ Early Show, singing the folky “Send Another Prayer” for the plane’s captain Sully Sullenberger and the flight’s crew. “I think I kept it together the entire time and last night watching 60 Minutes I lost it,” she admitted. Regarding the crash-inspired pop, she says, “I was in Charlotte, I got out of New York and [the lyrics] came out in about 15 minutes. I wanted to write something that was a thank you to God and a thank you to everybody.” Those lyrics include “But before I lay my head down there’s just one thing to do, I’m gonna send another prayer to heaven/Say I’m thankful for the things that you’ve done.”



Your Ad Here

0 comments:

whos.amung.us - visitor maps

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP