Enter your email address:

TWD- Devil's Food White Out Cupcakes

>> Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Your Ad Here




This weeks Tuesday's with Dorie recipe was chosen by Stephanie, who blogs over at Confessions of a City Eater. The recipe she chose was Devil's Food White Out Cake, which is the cake that is on the cover of Dorie's Baking book.




Yes, that lovely 3-layer cake with tons of billowy marshmallow frosting. You might be wondering where that beautiful cake is? Well, I turned the triple layer goodness into cupcakes and made a different frosting. Its not that I didn't want to make the gorgeous cake, but my hubby wanted some treats to take to work and cupcakes are easier to distribute than cake. And, I am all for giving the baked goods away. Then I can enjoy the process of baking but don't have to worry about eating all of the baked goodness.


I have made Dorie's marshmallow frosting before, when I made these Lime Cupcakes for Cupcake Hero. It is really good, light and fluffy, but it took me forever to get the sugar syrup to the right temperature and well, I was in a hurry this time. My hubby requested treats as he was leaving for work and asked if I could have them ready by 1. Not really a problem, but since I was making these cupcakes and 2 other cookies, I didn't have all day to stand there and wait for the frosting to come together. Plus, after making Peabody's to die for Chocolate Malted Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting, I decided that my absolute favorite frosting for cupcakes is sweetened whipped cream. I just started whipping some cream and added alot of powdered sugar and vanilla. You can get great height and the frosting is always light, well at least it tastes light. I have to say that the actual cake (I tasted a crumb before I sent them all away) was a little too chocolately and dark for my tastes. Peabody's Chocolate Malted Cupcakes are my favorite chocolate cupcake. To see some beautiful takes on this recipe, go check out the Tuesday's with Dorie Blogroll and visit Stephanie's blog for the recipe!
Doesn't this frosting look like a soft-serve ice cream cone? Yum
Source..

Your Ad Here

0 comments:

whos.amung.us - visitor maps

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP