Enter your email address:

Idoltracker: What you're watching

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

Your Ad Here




People always find it hard to believe that I had been a contestant on "American Idol" for a month before I met Paula, Simon or Randy. There were 11,000 auditions in tonight’s episode alone! There’s just no way those three could listen to that many!

"Idol" asks you to be on location early for audition, so people start lining up around 3:30 a.m. But you just stand outside and wait for Ryan Seacrest and crew to show up and this is where they film him with a large crowd for the beginning of the episode. It will take a couple more hours to get everyone settled into the building before the first note is sung. And it still may take hours before you get to sing.

I didn’t audition until around 10:00 that night.

But even when you make it through, they just give you a song to memorize and a new date to come back and audition yet again. But if you have made it through to this second round, you have accomplished something incredible! Out of 16,000 in Memphis, I believe there were less than 600 of us who came for the second round.

On to Kansas City! Some good auditions tonight! I was actually glad to see Simon being cruel and unusual again with comments like: "You sounded like a cat jumping off the Empire State Building." Here’s a play-by-play analysis of those who made it through:

Ashley Anderson: Sang the Leona Lewis song "Footprints in the Sand." This was a great audition to me. I believe she could really have something in there!

Casey Carlson: Sang "A Thousand Miles." She’s good! She’s young, so it’s hard to predict what will happen with her. Chances are, they will only put a couple young girls in the semifinals, but she is one to watch.

Von Smith: Sang "Over The Rainbow." This dude has a big ol’ voice! I’m sure he will make it through Hollywood rounds, because they need his voice. I would not be surprised to see him on Broadway some day, even if he wins.

Michael Castro: Sang "In Love With A Girl." He is also Jason Castro’s brother. I really like his voice! I hope he goes really far, but ya never know. Dropping him during Hollywood Week would add some drama, which is needed during those episodes.

Matt Breitzke: Sang "Ain’t No Sunshine." I liked this guys haircut ;) He reminded me of myself. He’s a family guy and he’s grateful for this opportunity. I’m rooting for him to make it through Hollywood Week, but he will have obstacles. It’s not easy to be on "Idol" when you have babies ... trust me!

Jessica Furney: Sang "Cry Baby." Nice interesting voice! My gut tells me we won’t see much more of her...

India Morrison: I hope this girl goes through because seeing rap on "American Idol" would be awesome! She could gain a large following with her originality.

Jamar Rogers: Sang “California Dreaming." The judges didn’t seem to like him as much as I did, so I’m afraid for him.

Danny Gokey: Sang "I Heard It Through the Grapevine." He’s awesome. He told a heartbreaking story about his wife dying, but I think it could only serve to endear him to the audience. ’m sure we’ll see more of him.

Anuke Dasai : Sang "Thank You." He’s got a great voice and Simon hinted that he may end up being a makeover story. ... We’ll see!

Asa Barnes: Sang "The Way You Make Me Feel." I can see him doing well, but it all depends on Hollywood Week!

Dennis Brigham: Sang the Chris Brown song. He’s got a funny persona. The judges' reaction makes me think he’ll get cut early on. But he could surprise me.

Lil Rounds: "Sang All I Do." I can already see her biographical movie being played on the Oxygen channel. ... Or Lifetime. ... Or whatever channel they played Fantasia’s on. I should warn her that she will never see her three kids while she’s on the show, and I’m only saying that because I know she’ll go far.


Your Ad Here

0 comments:

whos.amung.us - visitor maps

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP