Enter your email address:

Pixar Producers Jim Morris and Lindsey Collins Exclusive Red Carpet Video Interview LAFCA 2009

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

Your Ad Here




Written by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub

At tonight’s LAFCA (Los Angeles Film Critics Awards) ceremony in Beverly Hills, I managed to interview a few of the guests on the red carpet. While most people went after the stars of stage and screen, I’m always after the producers of the celebrated project. After all, those are the people with the great behind the scenes stories, and most of the time you can find out some new piece of info…

Like all of you, I’m a huge fan of Pixar. Without a doubt they make the best movies out of any studio and each one seems to raise the bar in terms of animation and storytelling. While people love to debate each Pixar release in terms of how it compares to their previous titles, most of us agree that “Wall-E” is near the top.

After all, not only did the film do incredible business around the world, but it’s on a lot of critic’s lists for best picture of the year. In fact, at tonight’s LAFCA ceremony, it won the award for best picture! And trust me…I know this group…they’re hard to impress.

Anyway, at tonight’s ceremony I managed to speak with “Wall-e” Producers Jim Morris and Lindsey Collins. If they’re names sound familiar to you…it’s because I interviewed them not too long ago up at Pixar. Here’s the link.

Thankfully, they remembered me and were more than happy to talk. As a fan of Pixar, I asked all the questions you'd want to know – what’s been the reaction at Pixar to “Wall-e” being so successful, we talk about the next Pixar movie “Up”, “Toy Story 3 in 3D” talk, future Pixar Blu-ray’s, and we even covered the re-release of the first two “Toy Story” movies in 3D. Finally, I got Lindsey to mini-review "Up". Trust me, if you’re a fan of Pixar, you’ll dig this interview.

Producers Jim Morris and Lindsey Collins

* What’s been their reaction to Wall-e winning all the awards and being on most of the critics top ten lists
* With the uniqueness of Wall-e – with the 45 minutes of no talking – was there ever talk of not making the movie or was it always embraced
* Up talk – I mention how they screened half the movie at AICN’s BNAT Festival. The reaction was huge. How do they raise the ante with every release
* Lindsey talks about her reaction to watching Up
* I ask if they are thinking about doing sequels to any other of their movies besides Cars and Toy Story – I mention Incredibles….
* Blu-ray talk – I ask what other’s are coming besides Monsters, Inc. and A Bug’s Life
* Toy Story 3 in 3D talk
* I ask what shot in either Toy Story 1 or 2 looked amazing in 3D – Jim says the gas station scene

And if you’re one of the few that haven’t seen “Wall-e” yet…seriously, what are you waiting for? One of the best films released in 2008. Truly an amazing piece of work.
source view original


Your Ad Here

0 comments:

whos.amung.us - visitor maps

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP